Monday, December 24, 2012

HOLIDAY HORRORS - A Seasonal Compilation

REPOST: NEW LINK IN THE COMMENTS AREA.
Here's a Christmas compilation I threw together from various sources (some were at varying bitrates, but all have been enhanced to 320k), and a couple here and there are of varying quality, depending on the source material. Songs are alternated with some offbeat dialogue excerpts relating to the holiday season. Link is in the comment area.
NOTE: The last track, an excerpted Christmas scene from "Female Trouble" (one of my all-time favorite Christmas scenes!) contains the "F" word twice, which is why I put it last in the selection. It can be left off when burning a CD. The track listing below is the order they should be in...I simply numbered the files in order but kept the original album's track number in the tag info.
Tracks:
01 A Dr Phibes Merry Christmas
02 Monster's Holiday
03 Psycho Toys
04 dialogue - grimchildhoodwonder
05 Scrooge - I Hate People
06 You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch
07 dialogue - addamsxmaspresent
08 The Bite Before Xmas
09 Christmas With The Monsters
10 dialogue - silentnight1run
11 The Night Santa Went Crazy
12 A Merry Monster Christmas
13 dialogue - addamsbelieveinsanta
14 Christmas With The Joker - mono
15 Deck the Hall with Parts of Charlie
16 dialogue - goldenyutzxmaspast
17 Scrooge - See The Phantoms
18 Season's Greetings from All the Monsters
19 dialogue - bewitcheddontbelieve
20 I Found The Brains Of Santa Claus
21 Addams Family - Deck The Halls
22 dialogue - Church Lady Santa Satan
23 Christmas With The Devil - Spinal Tap
24 We're Despicable (Plunderer's March)
25 dialogue - addamsgrandmamasanta
26 Monster Holiday
27 Reggae Christmas Eve In Transylvania
28 dialogue - silentnight2movie
29 Christmas at Ground Zero
30 Silent Night Air Raid
31 dialogue - energizerxmastree
32 Christmas Eve Or Halloween
33 It's A Monsters' Holiday
34 dialogue - addamsdearsanta
35 Addams Family - We Wish You A Merry Christmas
36 Silent Night Deadly Night Song
37 dialogue - hpotterhappyxmas
38 Making Christmas
39 A Dr Phibes New Year
40 dialogue - Female Trouble Christmas

14 comments:

Stephen said...

Great stuff! Thanks for compiling this and sharing it!

Erick Monsterama2000 said...

I guess great minds DO think alike :). I've been working on a similar compilation for my blog. I'm gonna share it at the beginning of December. I won't use any of the same tracks as yours. It will serve as a companion piece.

UniversalHorror said...

If you can manage to find someplace that has the entire theme song from "Silent Night, Deadly Night" for me, appreciate it....the one I included is only an excerpt I found and not the entire song.

Yeah, a track duplication would be a bit repetitive...I'd be interested in hearing what else you come up with that I'm not aware of.

VonCheech said...

ever see this around....?

Dracula's Greatest Hits -
Monster Parody Songs From The 60's

a saw it here...

http://www.rogersbasement.com/CDDracula.htm

UniversalHorror said...

Yes, I have that, and it's also been posted on a couple of other blogs before. May eventually get it posted here sometime.

Erick Monsterama2000 said...

I finally got my scary Christmas comp posted on my blog. It's called "Do You Fear What I Fear".

Wonderful Wonderblog

I hope you enjoy it.

Jimmy Jazz said...

Hi,

GREAT comp!! And a nice blog to boot. Incidentally, the song you have listed as "Psycho Toys" (track 3) is actually a tune called "Riot In Toytown" by Travesty Ltd. (a comedy collective) and can be found on a recording entitled "A Travesty Christmas". If anyone wants to get hold of it, you should visit the following site:

http://www.unfunny.com/travesty.html

and click on the link for:

"Our Fine Products"

By the way, will you be producing any Halloween / Xmas compilations this year? If so, I look forward to hearing them.

Hope the above info is useful.

All the best,

JJ

FULL MOON INDUSTRIES said...

stumbled upon your blog found in quite interesting; please stop by when you have some time! all comments are always welcome! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
http://fullmoonindustries.blogspot.com/
stay true to what you do~
FMI

Larry Z said...

I gotta say this is THE blog for music & horror fans, i ended up here lookin' for "monster mash" and i'll stick around. Thanx!
Isai
P.S. Greetings from México

KL from NYC said...

I must have missed this a long time ago. The link is for MegaUpload, which has been long gone.
Do you think it will be back up for this holiday season?

UniversalHorror said...

I will definitely get it back up for the holidays...can't right now though.

KL from NYC said...

Thank you.
Just leave a msg in the comments when you do.
I've subscribed to the comments, so I'll get any comments in my e-mail.

KL from NYC said...

Thank you very much.

UniversalHorror said...

NEW LINK.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/z1nc8z